Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stille Nacht. . .

We have one of the best choirs in Austria!  These students sounded absolutely, breathtakingly lovely singing "Silent Night" in the little church built on the spot on which the original church stood, where the song was first sung, in Oberndorf, Austria, just outside Salzburg.  I will always remember how I felt as I heard these beautiful young people sing that song.  Their harmonies were spot on.

We have been singing a few hymns on the bus.  Our bus driver, Peter, loves to hear them sing.  He's ordinarily quite jovial and likes to be funny.  Our singing brings him close to tears.

I'm grateful for the music training these students have had.  I'm grateful they want to sing.  I'm grateful they are sharing their talents with the world.

And I'll try to catch up on the blog!  Whew!  This trip is going by way too fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment