Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I'm Glad to Help Entertain.

I'm sure glad I could help entertain today at the grocery store.  I stopped to gaze at the Easter candy, taking in all the bright springy colors, realizing how much I am looking forward to the flowers and sunshine.  One yellow and orange bag of Snickers looked especially inviting.  So I picked it up, noting the fact that those fun-size candy bars continue to have less fun in them each year, it seems.  I smelled the bag, sensed that the Snickers were nice and soft, then plopped them in my cart.  I looked at them again, picked them up, thought for a minute more, and put them back on the shelf.  I may have given them a little bit of a toss on the shelf, because they came flying back off onto the floor.  Somewhere there was someone telling me that was a sign that I should still have them in my cart, so right out loud, I said, "No, No, No, No, NO!" and thrust them back with the others.  I looked over at this older gentleman--I think he was from India--and realized he had witnessed the whole thing.  He was quite amused.  He had seen me have the self-debate of whether I should purchase them, then watched it all unfold.  He was politely chuckling and I was mortified.  Isn't that wonderful that I could provide a little  entertainment today for him and for anyone else who may have been watching my performance.

Lesson Learned from Today:  Make that decision before I go to the grocery store to steer clear of the Easter Aisle.  And don't talk to the candy!

1 comment:

  1. Could I arrange to meet you at the store? I'll bring my video camera and we can re-enact the incident. I'm sure you can make it very authentic, even the second time around. :)

    ReplyDelete