Monday, September 23, 2013

Elder Joseph W. Sitati




Elder Joseph Sitati visited our church yesterday.  He has actually been here for a few days, visiting with people in our LDS stake, as he has reorganized our stake presidency.  The process is quite amazing and divine.  Mark and I had a chance to visit with him and hear his inspired counsel of how to live our lives better, and to draw closer to God.  I felt as if I were in the presence of a true messenger from heaven.  His quiet, loving, yet leading demeanor has already had a powerful influence in our family these past few days.  I want to live better.  I want to keep my house more in order.  I am going to take a song or two off my iPod.  I want to treat others with more kindness and respect.  I want to spend more time reading and soaking up the scriptures.  I want to become closer to Heavenly Father.  Thank you, Elder Sitati, for your example, your words, the tender way I watched you treat your sweet wife, and for the teachings you left with us this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying receiving your blog,,,It makes me want to start mine up again, I kept one during our mission,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Sitati was in the Kenya Nairobi Mission presidency with my husband, Mark, while we lived in Tanzania and Uganda many years ago. He and his family are true pioneers that we learned much from.

    ReplyDelete