Tuesday, April 25, 2017

. . . Just Breathe . . .


I've had to take a little time out lately. . . to breathe.  To regroup.  To step back just a bit.  I've really missed writing about my angels, though.  Which is why today, in welcoming myself back, I am naming Ashleigh the Angel of the Day.    She trained Karen and me in our second 100-Day Heart Challenge.  I'm one who needs to experience some things quite a few times before they really sink in.

Ashleigh was one of my trainers.  She encouraged me to "Breathe!" quite often.  Probably because I wasn't doing it very well or often enough.  To effectively sustain the energy needed to do the exercise, it is important to not forget to breathe.  I find myself still thinking about her advice--even when I'm not working out.  When days are rough.  When I am trying to keep my head above the floodwaters of life.  And particularly when I am encouraging others to also take time to breathe when they are facing tough times.

Just like in the airline instructions, where we are told to put on our own oxygen mask before putting one on our child,  we need to be able to breathe sufficiently before we can be of help to anyone else.  It is so easy to forget to do that.  By simply taking adequate time to ponder, to meditate, to pray, to do the things which sustain our energy (why don't I ever have to be reminded to eat?), we can live life much more mindfully, and be of greater service to those we love.

So, dear Ashleigh, I will breathe.  Thank you for the reminder.  It is one I have needed more than a few times.  And I wish you the best in your new life with your handsome Perry and pursuing your Doctorate degree.

Keep a smile on that pretty face. . . And don't forget to breathe!

#101DaysofAngels

No comments:

Post a Comment