Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blah. . .

We all have a "blah" day once in a while, don't we?  This has been one of those days.  Today I've played a lot of catch-up, cleaning, organizing, and the like.  But I've felt . . . blah. . .  I thought about President Monson and his talk at the General Women's Conference last Saturday night.  I thought that baking homemade bread may help.  I even took a loaf over to a dear friend, and reconnected a bit. . .

I made some healthy chicken soup, thought that would do the trick.  Nnnnnope.  I talked and laughed with Hillary.  That does always brighten my spirits, no matter what kind of day I'm having.

Could my yuckky feeling be a result of eating two pieces of birthday cake last night? (Hey!  At least it wasn't three!)  Could it be the result of not getting out today on a walk or other exercise besides house cleaning?  I have done a lot of that today.  Yep, very well could be.  Raising the heart rate even a little each day seems to make things better.

Or could it merely be the result of living a mortal existence?  Some days are simply blah.  I'll think like Scarlett O'Hara.  Tomorrow is another day.  I'll sing with Annie.  The sun will come out tomorrow.

I've got the bathwater running.  I'm going to go soak in the tub with a good book and count my blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I figured that since I have now asked to visit you, I should know a little about you. I just read from yesterday's post to the one about hiking the Y. You are an amazing person with really great insights on life. I am looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete