Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sources of Guidance

I started to list all of the talk shows that are available on TV in the space of a week.  There seem to be countless!  A plethora of producers, writers, and hosts meet daily to discuss, debate, inform, and in many cases, sensationalize, the problems of the day.  Many topics which affect so many of us are addressed through this media.  And yes, there is good advice given.

The challenges discussed on talk shows are no different than those addressed at General Conference.

However, the difference is the Source of the solutions.  Many learned men and women have spent their lives seeking answers--from other learned men and women.  I don't discount that.  But doesn't it make much more sense to trust in the counsel that comes from those with divine direction?  To "walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit?"(Romans 8:1)

Our Heavenly Father wants us to be happy.  He wants us to succeed.  That is why He wants us to seek His guidance and counsel.  "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D & C 1:38)

I eagerly anticipate the inspiration and heavenly help that will come today through message and music, in a calm and peaceful manner, without commercial interruption, and delivered by divinely appointed messengers!




1 comment:

  1. so true...I will have to relisten today,,,as listening with grandchildren requires more love to them and more than two ears

    ReplyDelete