Thursday, May 15, 2014

Angel Team Indi

It seems like only yesterday I saw Neena in a beautiful dress going to the prom with my son.  She has lived a full life since then, active in so many things from climbing and biking to humanitarian work in the Dominican Republic.  I have known her and her family for a while now, and they are truly inspirational warriors who have battled through an eventful few years.  Baby Indira was born just two short months ago.

I also greatly admire Neena's mother, Janita.  She recently posted this touching tribute to her daughter.

"You are the most amazing Mom. You are experiencing something I never have. Something so unimaginable. As your mom, I feel the pain of seeing you go through this and not being able to make things better. Mothers live to love, protect, and care for their children. I'm supposed to be able to put a bandaid on your wound, wipe the tears away and make things better. Through this, though, I see the most amazing Mom in you. I'm humbled by the love you have for Indira and the look you had when you held her: the purest look of tenderness and love. It was a feeling of heaven. #indirausha"

Here is sweet Neena and Andy's story:
Andy and I married in October of 2011 and we're eager to start a family. However, we felt it was important to have some time together as newly weds and not jump right in to trying to have children. Our waiting was also propelled by the fact that I suffer from Crohn's Disease and was battling with my health for the majority of our marriage. A little over a year ago, I started to get the "itch" to really get going on our family but I was incredibly sick. I found a new gastroenterologist that worked with me completely and informed me that it would not be wise to get pregnant while I was as sick as I was. So, with his help we figured out a treatment that helped to put me in remission and as soon as he informed me that I was in remission, we started to try to have a baby! It didn't take us too long because two and a half months later we were pregnant and expecting to become a family of three in March of 2014.
 The pregnancy seemed average as far as first time parents could expect. We had our ups and downs of course, with a few scares here and there. But ultimately, we thought things 

were going to turn out just fine. 
On February 3, I was 35 weeks along and was diagnosed with Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy. Two days later my sweet baby girl no longer had a heart beat. 24 hours after she passed away I completed my journey with my girl and gave birth to her at 4:57pm on February 6th, 2014. Indira Usha earl was five weeks early and weighed in at 6lbs even and measured at 20 inches. She had her mama's nose and her daddy's dimple in her chin. She was more beautiful than we ever could have imagined with her head full of dark brown hair. We miss here more than seems humanly possible and cannot wait to hold her in our arms again someday. Mommy and daddy love you, Indi. 










No comments:

Post a Comment