Thursday, January 16, 2014

Super Lube is . . . Super!

A few days ago I took my car in to get a much needed oil change.   I went to Super Lube, on 8th North in Orem.  I think it was Ruth who took my order and showed me to a seat.  While I was waiting, a sweet looking older woman came in, carefully navigating herself around with a cane.  She and I sat there together, watching our cars getting worked on.  However, soon Ruth came back and nicely explained to this lady that her car didn't need an oil change yet.  Even though it had been enough months since her last change, she still had about a thousand miles to go until it was needed.  So the lady with the cane thanked her and made her way back to her car.  I sat there, first of all wishing my car could go another thousand miles, too.  Then I thought further.  Wouldn't Super Lube have been money ahead to just change it?  This sweet lady would not know the difference.  When I first came in, I was wondering why I just didn't use my coupon and go down the street and save a few bucks.  Now I am glad I went to Super Lube.  After all, it wasn't that much more.  And I don't mind; in fact I am happy to pay for good customer service.

To you, Ruth, and your co-workers, you helped me to feel warm inside, as I watched you treat this nice lady with the respect she deserves.  You know what it means to take care of your customers.  I was impressed.  I will come back.  And I want to bring all my friends with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment