Monday, March 13, 2017

101 Days of Angels



When I ran my first marathon, I dedicated each of the 26.2 miles to someone in my life who had helped me get there.  It was such a blessing to focus on each of them during each grueling but glorious mile.  I've decided, because of wonderful angels in my life, that I'm going to have '101 Days of Angels.'  For the next 101 days or so, I am going to dedicate a day or two to these earthly and heavenly angels.  I'm ready for a little pick-me-up, and I think one of the best ways to do that, besides serving, is to count my blessings.  I'm sure there will be more than 101, but that will take me right up until my birthday, and what could be a better birthday present to myself?

My Angel #1 is my sweet daughter Emily.  She came into my life, along with her twin sister Amy, 28 years ago.  Wow.  Has it really been that long?  Some days it seems like a lifetime ago.  Then other days, it still seems like it just happened this morning.  The pain of losing a child never really goes away.  I am grateful it lessens, though, through the years.  

The impact Emily has had on me--on our eternal family--is immeasurable.  She continues to be a light shining through darkness, a sweet angel waiting for me, as I think of her every day.  She is our Guardian Angel and leads us through this journey of life.  There will always be a special bond between her and Amy.  She has been there, guiding her footsteps.  Amy is an angel herself.  

To Emily, my sweet angel daughter, how I love you!  My whole being aches at times, missing you.  You are forever etched in my heart.  Knowing you are there waiting and working and watching over us helps keep my focus on the facets of life that really matter.  Stay nearby, little one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment