Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Soft Heartbeat of an Angel

Loss can be such a heartbreak; no matter how far along the pregnancy.  Even with subsequent children, that loss is still felt.  Grief can be very complex!  I look forward to meeting this sweet family.

Here is Britania and Max's story.    



We found out we were expecting in October 2013, but waited until Christmas to announce it to our family. We were so excited to be expecting our first baby and thought we had made it past the vulnerable first weeks. I had shirts made and we wrapped the pregnancy test for my mother to open. Everything was perfect! A few days later, I was at my parents’ house waiting for my husband to return from a meeting and suddenly I began to bleed heavily. Max rushed home and we went to Orem Community Hospital and had a sonogram. They were able to see the baby and a heartbeat. The heartbeat was on the low side so they told me to see my doctor. I went in the next day to see my doctor and again they found a heartbeat, but told me it was now even slower, so the placenta was failing and there was nothing they could do. We waited several days as the heartbeat slowed and our sweet baby was finally lost. We made it through the holiday season and, luckily, found out we were expecting again the end of January. Our son, Dexter, was born in September 2014 and we cherish him, but we will always mourn for the sweet baby we lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment