Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Angels Watching Over Us

Cameron is our nephew, and we got to celebrate with this wonderful couple when they got married.    He has always been a delightful young man, and he became even more so when he brought Natalie into the family!  Their heartbreak hits close to home.  As I read their story below, written by Natalie, I feel their pain, perhaps even more keenly, because I love these two and their extended family, and am aware of their experience.  I also realize that 'getting pregnant and having a healthy baby' seems so easy to take for granted.  Cameron and Natalie have hope for the future.  We look forward to having them with us on May 19th at our Running with Angels 5K!

"Since I can remember, I have loved babies.  I have always felt that my most important job in life will be my role as a mother.  When Cameron and I decided to start our family, I was blissfully unprepared for the trials ahead.  We have been trying to add a little one to our family for two years, and have experienced two heart-breaking miscarriages, thousands of dollars of medical bills, and numerous tests with seemingly normal results.  While our path to parenthood has been less than ideal, I still hold hope that my time to be a mother will come.  But for now, I'm glad to have my best friend by my side and our two perfect angels watching over us."


No comments:

Post a Comment