Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Hillary!

To my sweet daughter--who has brought so much joy since joining our family all those years ago on this day--thank you.  Thank you for your happiness, your enthusiasm for life, your joy along our journey together.  I still remember so well that day you were born.  It was a lovely, fresh autumn day, just like today.  The doctor who delivered you kept telling me throughout the contractions, "Patience is a Virture!" until I wanted to throw him across the room.

You were worth every pain, every discomfort, every concern, every single little bit of everything I had to go through to get you here.  And, although I am still trying to get back to that pre-pregnancy shape,  I'm trying to have that patience Dr. Lamoreaux spoke of.

You inspire me to be a good mother, Hillary.  I am trying to take good care of you, so you can make it back home someday.  You have a Heavenly Father who has entrusted you to your dad and me.  We want you to feel of His love, as you hopefully feel of ours.  You are a cherished, beloved daughter.

I am so blessed to be your mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment