Monday, October 7, 2013

Who Knew?

Who Knew that I'd feel so motivated from General Conference this weekend that I'd look around today and see where I could start improving my life?

Who Knew that I'd start mopping the kitchen floor, then realize I hadn't cleaned underneath my oven in a looonng time, and decide to pull the big ole' thing out of its comfortable resting place?

Who Knew that I'd regret I ever read that book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?

Who Knew that Michael Jackson's "Black or White" song, pumped up really loud on the kitchen stereo, would keep me moving?

Who Knew that so much disgusting dirt, grime, pretzels, ramen noodles, a fanny pack, cleaning cloths, and even a ping pong ball could all fit under there?

Who Knew that peppercorns and mouse droppings look a lot the same?  (I'm voting they were peppercorns)

Who Knew how excited I'd be that the piece of candy I would find under there would turn out to be a piece of licorice, which I don't like, instead of a Tootsie Roll, which I adore?  I seriously was quite excited about that.  It didn't last long, though.  As I cleaned a little more, I really did find a small Tootsie Roll.  Still in its wrapper, hard as a rock.  I threw it in the garbage, then fished it out again, unwrapped it, sprayed bleachy cleaner all over it to guarantee I wouldn't try to eat it, and threw it back in the garbage, where it still sits.  Good for you, Pam.

Who Knew that I was strong enough to put a hole right through that lovely old kitchen vinyl floor as I was moving the oven back?  That strength training is certainly paying off!

Who Knew that I'd be able to get that thing back to where it started out today--and that it would still function?

Who Knew how good the kitchen floor would look (except for that hole in the floor over by the oven)?  Why don't the visiting teachers come over today?

And Who Knows what motivation I will continue to feel from those wonderful conference sessions that will inspire me to do something to improve my life tomorrow?




2 comments: