Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Manna from Markus





Markus.  My cute little grandson Markus.  His parents are doing such a great job raising him.  He is an adorable bundle of energy, with kissable cheeks and a dimpled smile that absolutely melts my heart!  He is on the go, exploring, climbing, testing, reaching, running, and getting into pretty much everything.  As he goes about his business, it seems like he has a battery in both pockets, and he does not like being told "no."  He has wise, loving parents who can clearly discern those times when he needs to be told no.  They realize it is for his good.  For his safety.  For his well-being.  For his progression.  It is still difficult for him to hear, though, and even harder for him to understand.  In fact, most of the time when he does hear "no," he has no idea why.  After all, he knows what he wants.  He thinks he knows how to get it.  He's convinced he will be better off getting what he wants, right now.

It will take him a few more years to understand why it isn't smart for a toddler to run into the busy street, or to be able to run around Target all by himself, or play with matches.  As his grandma, it is so simple to see why his caring parents deny him at times.  Why, then, is it so difficult for me to understand when a kind, wise, loving Heavenly Father tells me "no?"  I'm just like Markus.  I think I know what I want, and I think I know just how things should happen.  Although I do wish I had his energy, I sometimes even cry when I don't get my way.

I have a limited understanding of the whole picture.  But like Markus, I also have wise and loving parents who know better, and who can see just what will be for my good.  To Markus, my sweet Angel #2, I hope that someday you will understand just how much you are teaching me about the Eternal Plan.  

#101DaysofAngels



No comments:

Post a Comment