Tuesday, March 21, 2017

My Angel Luke





I think I could write about my three grandchildren the entire 101 Days of this Angels project and that would suit me just fine.  I was going to wait until this boy's birthday to mention him, but I'm afraid I just can't wait.  His sister won't be far behind.  My grandchildren bring us such joy!  They are angels!  As far as I can tell, they are perfect.

This is Luke.  He loves wearing the Running with Angel 5K shirts.  I have a few extras from years past, and he loves searching for them and putting them on, removing whatever else he is wearing at the time.  For a few months last fall and into the winter, his angel shirt was all he would wear.  To the playground, on walks, on errands, to the store, to sleep in, right up until church time and the minute he'd get out.  It has warmed my heart watching his little cherubic face light up when he is wearing an angel shirt.

Last October, his mother made him the cutest Halloween outfit.  When it came time to go to the ward party, he wouldn't wear the costume she had spent all day making.  He wanted to wear his angel shirt.  He had to wear his angel shirt.  He especially loves it when I wear mine and we match.  Oh this boy certainly knows how to charm his grandma!


He loves to play tennis, basketball, or anything involving a ball, and he loves eating my yogurt.  Even when I buy him yogurt with the animals on the side or in those fluffy flavors, he still prefers mine.  He loves making imaginary "burgers" and taking everyone's orders.  He loves snuggling and hearing me sing "Winken, Blinken, and Nod," and oh, he reminds me of his daddy when he was that age.  Grandparenting is such an incredible blessing.  I love this boy with every pump of my heart.  Non-stop.

Luke is named after one of dad's favorite missionary companions.  When Elder Nick and Elder Luke walked the streets of Zimbabwe, they talked about naming their firstborn sons after the other one.  So Luke has a son named Nicholas, and Nick's got Luke.  I'm glad their wives were so supportive.  I love Luke being a reminder of a wonderful time in Nick's life.  And I just plain love Luke.  My little angel who is growing up way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment