Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dedication

Today I went on a bike ride along the newly constructed Murdock Canal.  The morning was beautiful and invigorating.  But my knees were killing me.  What made me think I could run around the track more than I should have, a few nights ago?  That's another story, but today I focus on the wonderful experience I had this morning.  There is something to being outdoors that rejuvenates the spirit, isn't there?  However, all I could think of during the first seven miles of my 11 mile trek was how bad my left knee hurt.  Grateful it wasn't my right one, which is the one that usually hurts.  Anyway, as I rounded a corner, I noticed a young woman running towards me pushing a jogging stroller.  The sun hit her blond hair just so, and she looked like an angel. And she had a pony tail.  It was waving back and forth behind her, and then, as I passed her, I noticed the intensity on her face.  The focus.  The determination.  I thought of her for the rest of my ride.  I admire her dedication.  Not just to her health, but to that sweet child she was pushing.  It was probably her own child, but it could have been a niece, a neighbor, perhaps even a little sister.

Whatever else happens in her day today, it will be much easier to handle because of her run.

To you, whomever you are, thank you for inspiring me this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment