Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Sweet Mark

5:00 this morning, Mark gently woke me and asked if I wanted to go on a walk with him.  Usually I love the mornings.  But I didn't sleep well last night, and the only thing I wanted to do was turn over and pull the covers over my head.  I told him to go ahead.  Besides, Sophie, our yellow lab, was running up and down the hall, chomping at the bit, at the prospect of going with Mark on a walk.  Just before they went out the front door, I realized how much I wanted to go, too.  I called out for them to wait for me, and I hurried and got ready while Mark took Sophie around the block.

Although my knee still hurts a bit, I tried to shake it off before it totally lured me back to bed.  The thought of being out, early in the morning, spending some time with Mark, kept me going.

We started around the track just down the street from our house.  Mark looked up at the sky and commented on the beauty.  What beauty?  What did he mean?  It was pitch dark!  And didn't he know how much my knee hurt?  And by the way, now my foot, too?  I need some new shoes.  But I looked around.  I looked up.  Then I noticed it, too.  There were bright, twinkly stars.  The moon was full.  It wasn't so dark after all.  It was a beautiful autumn morning!  Mark then went on to tell me about a wonderful speaker he heard last night at a conference.  He shared this man's ideals and success in his personal, family, and business life.  During the last half of our walk, we talked about those ideas, and it was easy to see how positive Mark is.  He seeks for the good in everything.  And he loves and appreciates life. He loves and appreciates his Father in Heaven.  And he loves and appreciates me!  He tells me often.  I love being married to Mark.  He is my rock.  He finds the beauty in the storm.

And, just as it has seemed to do on other days, my aches and pains began to subside as I focused more on him, and my own eternal gratitude for him in my life.  What a delightful blessing and inspiration he is.

Have a wonderful day, my sweet Mark.  I love you!!

6 comments:

  1. Pam, how is Mark's back? I took your CUC class a few years ago. My son-in-law's death in St. George this month training for a Triathalon brings me back to you for more than weight loss. I am rereading your first book. Thanks Herb C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tender message - it brought tears to MY eyes. I want to be like Mark when I grow up! I love you both - you are such wonderful Saints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite time of the day is just before the sun comes up and just before that! Your morning sounds delightful

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so perfect that this event occurred and was recorded on Saturday morning, neither of you knowing that later in that same day Mark would be called to serve as stake president. You two are perfectly prepared to serve the Lord, and will bless many lives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What David said. Tender and such a tender mercy kind of post given all that has happened in your lives this weekend. We are so grateful for you both and the love and service you extend for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also thankful to have read this after hearing your husband speak at our 10th ward conference and again yesterday evening. Thank you for sharing him with the stake. :)

    ReplyDelete