Saturday, September 28, 2013

There is No Finish Line

So when I finally got to the gym this afternoon, I was actively seeking some inspiration.  The first person I saw was a guy who looked an awful lot like the child catcher in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," only a bit more buff.  I'm afraid there was no inspiration there.

My thoughts kept returning to what I heard this morning at our Composing Your Life Women's Health Conference.  There was so much wonderful information packed into the morning.  One thought that continues to resonate with me is, that once we decide to make healthy positive changes in our life, there is no turning back.

Of course, we can turn back if we want to slip and slide back into old habits.  That is so easy to do.

So easy.  So familiar.  So comfortable.

But now, as I am making positive lifestyle changes and trying so hard to keep going, I more fully realize that this is not just about getting to the finish line.  There is no finish line.  It is about moving forward and picking myself up each time I fall, and continuing to move in the opposite direction of 'turning back.'  It's a race I will continue to run my whole life.

And it is worth every positive step forward.


1 comment:

  1. I will ponder your concept of NO Finish line,,,,,what about little endings and plateaus ? I cant always plan on a Marathon everyday,,,but I can "train" for one and then try a mile swim, and later choreograph a musical and then.....maybe,,,,write a book!

    ReplyDelete