Tuesday, September 24, 2013

To my Fellow Biker

Another beautiful morning on the Murdock Canal trail.  Heaven bless anyone and everyone who had anything to do with the construction of that lovely piece of road.  And a profound thank you to all of you who live along there, who now have bikers, walkers, runners, and even horses traipsing through your back yards.  And to you unfortunate people who live in that one corner house where I had to stop, bend over and unweave my shoelace which had become caught up in my bike chain--I'm sorry you had to see that.

As I looked into the faces of those along the trail, I saw a fellow biker who looked in absolute pain.  She did not appear happy at all to be there.  I was trying to understand it; as she was even wearing a BYU sweatshirt.  Perhaps she was thinking about the BYU-Utah game a few days ago.

Then, eight miles later, as I had made my loop and was on my way back, I passed her again.  This time she had a smile a mile wide on her face.  Was she anticipating the chocolate doughnut waiting for her back home?  Maybe excited about a wonderful day at work?   Hmmm.  I will never know.  But something turned her frown upside down this morning.  Just as I have, I wonder if she simply started seeing the beauty of the day, and didn't feel her own pain so much.  Who knows.

To you, fellow biker, I'm so glad you were able to feel joy on that bike ride.  It's going to be a beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. When we bought our home less than a year ago, the real estate agent mentioned how lucky we were to be so close to the Murdock canal trail and since then I have biked and walked many times each week,,, I am surprised I havent "Run" into you

    ReplyDelete