Saturday, April 1, 2017

An Unknown Angel


Yesterday we went to see the new movie, Beauty and the Beast.  After the show was over, people trickled out, but I just had to stay to the end of Celine Dion's song (I'm quite a fan).   By that time, there were just a handful of other people in the theater.  As I walked down the stairs toward the exit, I came upon a woman helping another woman up and out of her seat.  She stood her up for a few moments, and helped her into her wheelchair.  It seemed like quite a process. It also seemed like she had done it many a time before.  On the way out, they stopped at the restroom, and the procedure of helping the woman began all over again.  I didn't know these two women.  The one in the wheel chair had very little expression, but the woman helping her was so tender as she lifted, steadied, set down, straightened, and pushed her wheelchair along.  She spoke gently to her and I wondered what their relationship could be.  It didn't really matter if they were sisters, friends, cousins, or even visiting teachers; it was evident there was love there.

To you, who brought that sweet woman to the movie and cared for her so kindly on Friday afternoon, from what I observed in those few moments, you epitomize what I heard today and last week in the General Conference sessions.  Thank you for showing me such a lovely example of charity.

You are an angel!

101DaysofAngels

No comments:

Post a Comment