Monday, April 10, 2017

What the Trainer Taught Me



Jared said it first.  He and his big buff biceps trained Karen and me in the gym while we did the 100-Day Heart Challenge.  He worked us hard!  There were days when I realized I had muscles I never knew existed before his training.  He also taught me something I hadn't thought about before.  If I remember correctly, he explained that in trying to lose weight, the time I spend each day working out is only about 20 - 30% of the whole package.  The other 70 - 80%?  It's the food choices I make.  I have thought about that a lot in my quest for better health.  The time I spend each day getting proper exercise is important--a very critical part.  But it is only a part. 

I have also realized that it is the same with attending church, or going to the temple.  It is just a few hours of each week.  A very important, very critical part.  But how am I spending the rest of my week?  Am I serving?  Am I being kind?  Am I reading my scriptures?  Do I begin and end my days in prayer?  Am I staying true to what I believe?  

Why does physical exercise seem to have so many answers?  . . . Sigh. . . Wouldn't it be much nicer if it were chocolate that had all the answers?

Jared, thanks for all you taught me.  Even though I may not have felt it much at the time, you really are an angel.  

#101DaysofAngels

No comments:

Post a Comment