Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Angel Neighbors



You know what's good about these two?  I mean besides the fact that they have been such wonderful neighbors for so many years, and that we've trusted them with our children, our dogs, our home, our mail, and our feelings.  And besides the fact that Chris is a Champion Smoker (of ribs!) and Deena is a Master Quilter.  And besides the fun it's been watching them become grandparents to adorable little West, and that they both recently retired, and that they are embarking on a wonderful new journey at the MTC.

They are angels, that's what.  They are my Angels of the Day for yesterday and today.

Chris has taken pictures at our Running with Angels 5K for the past umpteen years, and I hope he will be there again this year on May 20th.  He has selflessly offered his time, his talents, and his efforts on behalf of the event, and on behalf of our family, many times over.

Deena is a listener.  She has been there to offer a shoulder to cry on, even if I do have to bend down a few inches to get there.  :)  She has listened, she has encouraged, and she has been there when things haven't worked out so well.  I love this woman.  She is one of those people who I feel I have known for a lot longer than a lifetime.  What a blessing she is in my life!

#101DaysofAngels





No comments:

Post a Comment