Tuesday, April 18, 2017

My Marathon Angel

Yesterday my good friend Joni ran the Boston Marathon.  It was her 41st marathon!  She's pretty much my marathon idol.  I volunteered with Joni and Marie way back in high school at the Deseret News 24th of July Marathon, and my dream of running a marathon was born that day.

I loved hanging out with her in high school, when, on the day of some big dance, I would wear curlers in my hair and drive down to her house and we'd listen to Barry Manilow while we talked about our dates.  Nothing seemed more important!  And now we've both grown up and discovered the really important things in life.  Joni just seems to keep getting younger and more vivacious with each passing year.  I now run my marathons vicariously through her.  I simply smile when I reflect on our memories from high school and how much I adore this girl.  Joni, you truly are an inspiring angel.  Keep running!

#101DaysofAngels

No comments:

Post a Comment