Thursday, April 13, 2017

You'll Be in My Heart





This bond between us can't be broken, I will be here don't you cry
'Cause you'll be in my heart, yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on, now and forevermore.
You'll be in my heart, no matter what they say
You'll be in my heart always . . .     (Phil Collins)

We buried little Eric, born still, 16 years ago today.  I can't help but think about what it would be like to have a teenage son around this somewhat empty house.  Driving.  Dating.  Playing soccer?  Maybe in the school plays?  Singing in the Choir?   At times I miss what could have been.  

But Easter has new meaning for me.  I am forever grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gave His Son so that we could return to Him.  And for a Savior who willingly suffered and died for my sins, for my hurts, for my pain.   I am coming to more fully understand that the Atonement of our Savior is the very heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

I love you, Eric.  You'll be in my heart always.
#101DaysofAngels




No comments:

Post a Comment